All our first aid courses are still proceeding as planned with social distancing and sanitisation procedures in place.
The reasons you may leave your home include travel for education if you can't study at home.
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation - (CPR)
- Sydney CBD
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is the most current CPR unit of competency.
CPR can be done on its own or as part of our Provide First Aid Course.
Australian College of Nursing endorsed course.
Summer Special Sale today : $69 (Save 25% today - usually $95).
All first aid courses are still proceeding as planned.
We have exceptional infection control measures in place and have been advised by a senior member of NSW Public Health and a medical specialist on these policies that we have in place.
- Classes have been limited in size.
- The 4sqm and 1.5m social distancing guidelines apply in all our classes.
- We encourage hand sanitisation as people enter and before they leave (and whenever they like during the course).
- Our trainers have been instructed to space chairs out, have breaks every 2 hours, sanitise all surfaces, door handles etc with Viraclean (or equivalent) at each break and air the room during break.
- There are gloves that you can use for your assessments.
- Some of the assessments have been modified as you will see on the day. For example you do not have to breathe into the manikin during this time.
- Our staff have had professional development on maintaining their own personal hygiene and on Coronavirus in general
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
2 Hours and 30 minutes
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- assessing and moving injured casualties
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- and much, much more!
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
For more information on the CPR for GPs/Nurses click here.
If you are feeling unwell and showing symptoms, please get tested and defer all enrolments into CBD College classes.
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.
For all students enrolled in Provide CPR, an online learning program and a multiple choice exam needs to be undertaken and successfully completed.
Upon successful completion, you be able to print out a Certificate of Completion. This must be brought with you on the day of your course. Click here for more details.
CPR classes run in the Sydney CBD every day of the year from 9am to 11:30am. Classes every week of the year.
USI Number Requirements
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
Where do I go to attend the first aid course?
CBD training rooms in Sydney are located in the heart of the city. Exact address: Level 4, 10 Quay Street, Haymarket NSW 2000.
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for first aid classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
Scroll down for Sydney CBD dates
Available dates are below - please allow time for them to load - call 1300 628 299 if you cannot see the dates.